If you are looking for a way to add highlights to hair at home, there are many products on the market that can help. Here are some tips to make sure your hair looks great and is safe.
If you want to change your hair color but don’t have a lot of time, highlights are a great option. Highlights work best for women with lighter hair colors because the eye is naturally drawn to them. If you have dark hair, highlights can sometimes look unnatural and can even make it difficult to see where one strand ends and another begins. In order to add highlights at home, all you need is some patience and the right tools!
You will also learn the techniques of highlighting hair from scratch. This is one of the most common applications we do as a hairdresser. The technique is developed and becomes perfect over time. The materials used are also important, but it is necessary to know the color tones between hair dyes very well in order to perfect the light in the hair. I will try to explain what you need to do to create highlights for your own hair at home.
There are several technical names highlighting the hair;;
You can reach different results with each technique. I will share below what you need to pay attention to while highlighting between the hair strands.
With the current prices of 2021, highlighting your hair at hairdressers is between 100 dollars and 300 dollars.
You can see the brush paint technique made while highlighting the hair in the video.
How to add highlights to hair at home?
While doing balayage;
– The first step is to choose a tone suitable for your hair and skin color. The more harmonious the tone we choose is with our skin, the more pleasant appearance we get.
– Step 2 is to choose the shade of paint we will balayage. Although the tones differ in light and dark hair, there is always a balayage tone suitable for us.
– What are the primary balayage colors?
– Light Auburn Balayage
– Gold Blonde Balayage
– Dore Auburn Balayage
– Caramel Balayage
– Honey Foam Balayage
– Platinum Blonde Balayage
– Red Balayage
– Cooper, Cinnamon Balayage
Balayage Color Tint Numbers for Highligts
For light hair; balayage tone numbers; light auburn 8.1, auburn gold 8.8, platinum 10.01, honey foam 8.77, caramel 8.07
Balayage shade numbers for dark hair; auburn 8.1, golden 8.9, caramel 8.07, honey caramel 8.66
You can get the paint numbers I have given above from Revlon, Wella Koleston, Schwarzkopf Igora, or L’Oreal Excellence box paints.
Method of Application;
If your hair is dark, you should first lighten your hair with a bleach. If you have experience, you can do this easily. Depending on the tone of the hair, we get the desired color in waiting times of 15-30 minutes.
1. Wear an old T-shirt to avoid dye contamination.
2. Prepare the blech according to the recipe written on it and mix it until it becomes creamy.
3. Divide your hair into thin strands and fasten with hairpins
4. Apply with a brush to the parts you have separated, not reaching the half or full roots. Wrap it with the help of foil and fasten it with a wire clip.
5. When it lightens to the tone you want by checking frequently, remove the foils and wash quickly. At this stage, you must act quickly so that the dye does not get on other hair parts.
6. Dry your hair and prepare the desired dye shade according to the recipe on the box for the colors I mentioned above.
7. In the same way, apply the balayage process to the tufts you have separated and wrap them. Wait about 30-40 minutes, then wash.